Monday, December 19, 2011

Homemade Christmas!


Phil and I have a tradition of giving each other a homemade gift as our main Christmas present to each other. This is something that Phil's family has always done and I love that we have also made it a tradition.

But here is the thing. . . I have this love/hate relationship with surprises. Especially when the surprised gets hyped up and everyone is telling me how much I'm going to love it!!! That just makes me want to know what it is even more! Phil has this habit of making me really incredible gifts. He also has a habit of telling me how excited he is and how he can't wait to give it to me, blah, blah, blah haha ;)

So it is six days until Christmas, and I'm wondering if I'm going to make it that long without knowing. I know that my gift is right on the other side of this make-shift barrier.


How easy would it be to go take a quick peek? I know right?! This is taking me a great deal of self-control. I keep telling myself, "I want it to be a surprise! I want it to be a surprise!" Hopefully this self hypnosis continues to work for the next 6 days. I make no promises ;)

Here are Phil's past gifts to me. . .


2008 Christmas dating: the biggest and comfiest blanket in the whole world.
We still use it on a daily basis!

2009--1st Christmas married: A beautiful case to hold my perfume!


2010 Christmas: It's not hanging in this picture but he carved this on his own!

I can't wait to see what Phil has in store this year.
No, but really. . . I CAN'T wait!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Haha! I love it! I know the feeling. Stay strong!!! You can make it. Only 6 more days . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Katelyn...you're going to LOVE it! I can't wait to see your face when you open it. I know I won't be there but I will make Phil take pictures.
    Sure wish my husband had thought of it sooner. Handmade gifts stress him out though. Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete