Friday, December 2, 2011

DragonVale



So for quite some time now, Phil has been playing this game called DragonVale on his iPhone and his iPad. Until recently, I had no idea what the game was about, but I knew that it looked/sounded stupid. I didn't understand why Phil enjoyed it so much.

Before Thanksgiving break, Phil downloaded the game on my phone and I finally let him explain it to me (knowing full well that I would probably just delete it the next day). Well...that's not exactly what happened. I've become ADDICTED!!!! I still think it's kind of a stupid game, but it is a stupidly addicting game. Let me briefly explain.

The whole point is to breed and raise dragons! There pure bred dragons that you can buy and breed together in order to make hybrid dragons. You grow food and feed your dragons in order to increase their level (higher level=more benefits).

Although this game is addicting, it is not a super time consuming game. For example: Lets say I want to breed a Seaweed dragon. A Seaweed dragon is a hybrid from breeding a Water dragon and a Plant dragon. I select Water and Plant and send them to the "Breeding Cave." The breeding process for a Seaweed dragon takes 5 hours. So in 5 hours I come back to a Seaweed dragon egg. Now that egg has to sit for another 5 hours before it will hatch. Different dragons have different time frames ranging from 2-48 hours. So with this game, it is really easy to pull it up for a few minutes and then not have to worry about it for several hours (even though I do worry about it. I want my dragons to breed and hatch faster!)

See...stupid, yet oddly addicting. Try it!!


The really funny thing is that over Thanksgiving break Phil and I got my mom really into DragonVale. She is now just as addicted as I am. I've gotten a few random texts from her saying things like "I need dragon advice. Please call when you can." It's so funny! I'm now trying to get my sisters to play ha. We'll see!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. You guys are such nerds. Dragon breeding? That's what you do in your spare time?
    It sounds like its the modern version of giga pets. You feed them, pet them, clean up their poop, etc.
    I laughed while I was reading this though. Good thing I don't have an iPhone or iPad.

    (This is really Natalie)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be ridiculous Natalie...they don't poop or get dirty. I just feed them so they can earn me money. You would love this game ha! I know your loved your giga pet back in the day. This is better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think dragons are modern giga pets, they are more like ancient giga pets. But Natalie is right. This does sound suspiciously like giga pets. What is the money for? Just to buy more dragons? You should just go catch wild dragons, tame them, and then breed them, but I guess then you wouldn't need any money. My giga pets never lasted. I would check on them after school and there would be like 5 little piles of poop piled up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHAHA! I thoroughly enjoyed reading these comments. I had a tomagotchi and it always died...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The good thing about DragonVale is the dragons never die! Heather, you need money to buy the pure bred dragons, dragon food, habitats (where the dragons live), and decorations to make your islands look pretty! Money is important in this game haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Get a life and you're in so much trouble for getting your mom hooked on this stupid game!

    ReplyDelete