Saturday, April 23, 2011

Plastic Gun + Mask = Scary


I am excited to say that I finished the semester strong! The unfortunate part is that I'm starting back up on Wednesday for spring term. This semester was weird in the way that I didn't feel a huge lift off my shoulders when I finally finished like I have with other semesters, but it was still nice to check off my last final from my list.


I don't know why, but I have this horrible habit of pushing off my most dreaded final to the last day of finals. It is something I have done since my first semester of Freshman year (I don't foresee a change in the future).

On a night during finals week, I had just gotten home from Highland and I returned a plate to the Willmore's. Natalie knew that Phil was at work and she was in the mood to pull a prank. Ok...quick explanation... Natalie and I have this little thing in common where our husbands love to scare us to the point of tears, but we can never scare them back. So Natalie tells me to tell Phil that I'm going to go to the store so I probably won't be home when he gets home from work. Drew put on a wolverine mask and a hoodie and grabbed a fake plastic gun and his role was to hid behind the fridge while Natalie and I sat on the bed in the bedroom and watched. Phil walked in the house, took off his coat and got scared (for once) by Drew. I guess if I can't scare him, a man in a supposedly "empty house" with a mask and a gun is the next best thing.

We reenacted it afterwards haha


Natalie and I were quite amused by the whole thing, Natalie so much that she wanted to pull a prank on someone else. The target... the Clark's. The Plan... Phil texted Ryan and said that he saw a man looking into their car window. Drew was going to be standing by the car and when Ryan opened his apartment door, Drew was to point the fake gun at Ryan and tell him to get back in his apartment. This whole thing would look a little like this from Ryan's point of view...


Let me just say, this was Natalie's mastermind plan, but it did sound really funny to me at the time. Unfortunately, we didn't think through the plan very well because we didn't expect the outcome. So Ryan opened the door just like we thought, he saw drew, and ran back inside and slammed the door. Phil booked it from our hiding place and started knocking on their door to let them know it was just us. Ryan finally opened the door and about 15 seconds later 911 was calling Ryan back. We stood in the doorway and listened to Ryan tell them that it was a mistake and give them all of his information. We felt horrible. I can't even imagine how he must have felt. Ryan told us later that he ran inside and told Courtney "There is a man outside with a gun!" and he quickly called 911. When he heard Phil outside he wanted to yell, "Phil, there is a man with a gun, get away!" The Clark's were nice enough to forgive us. Like I said before, it was really funny, but not very smart at the same time.

Good thing this wasn't a real situation

Once again, Phil and I are sad to move away from all of the great friends we have here in Provo.

1 comment:

  1. first of all i laughed when i saw "sex ed" on your list of finals ha ha ha. and secondly you two are the funniest married couple i have ever heard of!!! i love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete