Friday, April 8, 2011

Good Ol' Times with the Willmore's

Phil and I moved into our first apartment in August 2009 and the first people to welcome us were our next door neighbors, the Willmore's. Since that first encounter, we have become lifelong friends and we have had a lot of fun. Due to the curve balls of life, we are both moving this summer. I think I'm slightly in denial and I'm trying to push off reality for as long as possible. But the other day, the Willmore's officially sold their apartment contract, which made the inevitable feel a whole lot closer. Here are just a few of the fun things we have done over the past almost two years...

One night we were outside talking (not sure how we got outside). Phil and Drew were standing next to each other facing one direction, and Natalie and I were next to each other facing them. Suddenly both of the guys freaked out because they just saw a shooting star. Natalie and I were disappointed that we didn't get to see it. A few minutes later, we saw one coming from our direction. We then realized that there was a meteor shower that night and we were catching some of it. You can imagine how excited we were, so we decided it didn't matter that it was already midnight or that Natalie had to work at 6am the next day...we were going to the park with blankets to watch the rest of the shower. It was such a fun and spontaneous night.




Another spontaneous night once again took place after midnight. Phil and I were at the Willmore's just talking like we often do. I was having a craving for breakfast, so we went to IHOP. Clearly that's what you do at 1 in the morning when you want breakfast right?


I'm sure you can tell, but we are trying to spell IHOP... definitely didn't do a good job. We needed Phil to complete it but he was obviously taking the picture.





Last August, we went on a moonlight lift up at Sundance. It was a fun night where we enjoyed talking about our future plans of having babies together...and plethora of other topics as well ;)


The Girls...


The Guys...


The Gang...


The MOON!
(horrible pic ) In real life it was big and full and beautiful.

The Willmore's are notorious for random jokes. One night we came home to this on our door...

Kind of weird, but it was really funny at the time. The best thing I ever came home to though, was this...




This seriously was so funny! Our ward was having a party and Phil couldn't go for some reason and neither could Natalie. We joked about how Drew and I should just go together. The next night, I came home to a formal asking. I felt like I was in high school again. It was pretty funny. And no, we didn't really go together.

And finally, one night the four of us were going on a walk around the block. Natalie was in a weird mood and wanted to steal a sign of some kind and put it on someone's door. I quickly jumped on board but the boys were a little more hesitant. Natalie and I first tried stealing a HUGE political sign that was three times as big as us. We couldn't get the stupid thing to budge. So we settled with a "For Rent" sign. We were nice and took one that didn't have a number on it. We wrote Ryan and Courtney Clark's number on the sign and put it in front of their apartment (don't worry that Drew and Phil didn't help out at all with this). We found ourselves to be quite amusing.



Oh and we did put the sign back where we found it...

Thanks for the memories!

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha! This post made me laugh so hard. I love all of the pranks we were involved in. I am so glad that we had partners in crime that were willing to do silly and childish things with us.
    We are really going to miss you guys. But just because we don't live next door to each other doesn't mean we can't hang out all the time!
    We love you guys, thanks for being our best friends and neighbors. We're so lucky to know you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! I love it. I'm learning that good friends like this don't come around everyday - so how great that you have each other. But, so sad to not live right next to each other. Hopefully they are not moving too far away either. I've felt those same feelings as we are getting ready to move. I hate it. I am so sad to leave some great friends behind. I'm going to miss them like crazy. But so great to have them in my life. Love ya. And FYI . . . 3 more weeks!!!!

    ReplyDelete