Monday, May 7, 2012

The Best Weekend


Two weekends ago, Drew and Natalie invited us to go to St. George with them for the weekend.  When Natalie first called and invited us, I got so excited.  Even though Phil was scheduled to work over the weekend, he worked some magic and made it possible for us to go!  We ditched Gracie with my parents on Friday morning and met Drew and Natalie in St. George that afternoon.  Drew's cousin was nice enough to let us stay in their condo!  It was beautiful.
One of the first things I had to do after arriving was brag about my new water bottle that my mom gave me.  The thing is a freakin igloo that keeps water cold for hours (the box says 20 hours to be exact).  Plus it has a fun button that pops up the spout.  Natalie decided she had to have one and Phil has been begging for once since I got mine.  This was perfect because Costco sells them in packs of two...one for Phil and one for Natalie!  That day we found a Costco and bought some water bottles.
These water bottles are so sweet, that it was necessary to go back to Costco the next day and get Drew one too.  Phil was especially vocal about his love for his new Contigo water bottle.  At least every hour he would say something to the effect of, "Man... I LOVE this water bottle!"  Needless to say, we drank so much water on that trip!
Other events throughout the trip included delicious food, sun, pool, manicures, movies, and games!  Chef Drew provided us with French toast and bacon for our breakfasts and his famous quesadillas for one of our dinners.
Phil deserves some credit too.  He cooked the tortillas while watching the Real game.  Yes, he is quite the multitasker ;)  We also enjoyed food at the Olive Garden, a Brazilian restaurant, and cupcakes from the Sweet Tooth Fairy.

This was my first manicure since my wedding (almost three years ago)!!!
I'm glad I got to do it with Natalie.

And of course, one of the best parts of the trip was being able to relax by the pool.  It was essentially empty both times we went, which was perfect!!  Phil worked on his farmers tan while I tried to get sun for the first time this year.  I got the perfect amount of burn.  You know, the kind that is tan the next day. Unfortunately, not everyone was quite as lucky.  Poor Natalie got uncomfortably burned, and Phil fried his chest.  All part of the experience I guess.
Drew and Natalie are moving to Cedar City next weekend for school.  I'm so glad we got to enjoy this trip together before they move.  They have been our best friends for almost three years now and I know that our friendship will always continue. 

2 comments:

  1. It really was the BEST WEEKEND EVER! I miss you guys already. You're our best friends and we love you.
    I forgot about the manicures! Your hand looks lovely by the way. Especially with your super cute watch.
    I'm so glad you guys came with us. It's just the first of many trips to come. Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! What a fun weekend. I am so glad you guys got to go. Friendships like that are one in a million. I love it. Also, we are SO excited to see you in just 4 MORE DAYS!!! The boys talk about it all day, every day. We are so excited to see you guys. Wahoo!!

    ReplyDelete