Wednesday, April 18, 2012

BYU!!!


Today I left this building for the last time...Ever!!!!

The dreaded BYU testing center

I can't believe how fast four years at BYU has gone. Although I can't get too excited...I still have to student teach in the fall so I'm not completely done. But still, it's a good feeling. As I left campus today, I thought about how blessed I have been to attend BYU. It is a beautiful campus with great professors and a great overall atmosphere. It's going to be weird to not come back for classes in the fall.

As I was leaving to take my last test, I instinctively reached for this ring.


It was my high school graduation present from my parents. Since Freshman year, I have thought of it as my "BYU Sapphire Good Luck Ring." I have worn this ring to EVERY test I have taken throughout my BYU career. I'm not superstitious...but I'm a little-stitious!!! (Please tell me someone caught that hilarious Office reference!) Although the ring hasn't brought me good luck on every test (I blame the human effect...aka lack of studying/effort), it has been a rock star for the majority!

I'm so excited/nervous to start student teaching. It feels like a big step towards a real job in the real world!


3 comments:

  1. Katelyn I am so proud of you. That is a gorgeous picture of the testing center too.
    You will do great. I have often thought the same thing. I've been in school for so many years, what will it feel like to get a real job and be done with school? Weird thought.
    Good luck with everything. You'll be a great teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katelyn I love your blog:) you make me laugh all the time;) and I didn't catch the office reference but still laughed and could've easily credited you for the cleverness;) congrats on your last test! jealous;> and congrats to Phil for getting into his masters program at the U! Sweet! ...and your puppy is stinkin adorable:) soo cute! Love you lots:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know that about your ring. I was touched. Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete