Tuesday, April 3, 2012

When Hard Work Pays Off!!!


I know this post is almost two weeks overdue...But I'm still as excited as ever to announce that Phil was accepted to his Masters program at U of U!!!!!

On the morning of Friday, March 23, Phil was at work and I was in the shower getting ready for school. I heard my custom "Phil" ringtone and my first thought was that work needed to send someone home because they were overstaffed, so Phil was calling to ask my permission to leave (sweet man!) But I was in the shower so I couldn't answer. Right after the first missed call, Phil called again...still in the shower. He must really want to come home! As soon as I was out of the shower, I called back. The first thing he said was, "I got into my program!" Right then I started screaming and jumping, which was then followed by tears, laughter, and a ridiculous amount of smiling! I was so proud of my man and happy that he got accepted on his first try. He has seriously worked so hard in his prerequisite classes over the past year and he has gone above and beyond to learn everything he can about OT and to develop relationships with significant people inside the program! The hard work has finally paid off!!!

(Yes, I am aware of creepy internet people, so I blurred out our address with my sweet computer skills)

It was such a relief to finally know that we have a plan for the rest of Phil's education. He starts this fall and will graduate with a Masters degree and be an Occupational Therapist in three years! It's essentially school for the next three years straight, with very few and small breaks. It will be hard but it will be worth it!


We celebrated with a yummy dinner at Chili's followed by bowling!

7 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you guys! And good job Phil! We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Phil said, "He had it in the bag". I mean, come on people....were we even worried? We knew he would get in...he's just THAT good.
    Congratulations Phil! So proud of you. If I ever get in a predicament where I need my fine motor skills utilized again...I will call you. You're going to be a fabulous OT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Phil. I am so excited that you guys know what you are going to be doing for the next little while. The waiting to find out is sometimes the hardest part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Congrats to the both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I'm with Heather... waiting is the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting! Congratulations! I look forward to when we'll know where we're going for grad school and all that fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post! We are still so excited for you both. I'm glad you got to go celebrate.

    ReplyDelete