Thursday, June 23, 2011

4-Eyes + RANDOM

Along with Phil's 24th birthday, his drivers license decided to expire. Sweet! So the day after his birthday he went to renew it (he clearly was very on top of that--I probably would've waited a month and hoped for the best). When I was done with drill that morning, I returned the 5 missed calls I had from him. He proceeded to tell me that he FAILED the eye test and he had to see an optometrist before they would renew his license. Once again, very on top of things, so he went to Target for a semi-cheap eye exam and then had to buy some not so cheap glasses for driving, school, studying, etc.

Background info...Phil had Lasik eye surgery before his mission and I have better than perfect vision if I do say so myself ;) so I was thinking we were golden as far as not having to have eye insurance. I guess I was wrong. I am not used to seeing Phil in glasses but I actually find him to be quite adorable with them on!


Random Thought #1: So the other day Phil and I went on a walk. We were almost back to our apartment when we passed the old folks apartment building next door. We have seen some pretty colorful characters who live in this building. My favorite is the man who sits outside the building smoking in his wheelchair with his oxygen tank to his side. Brilliant idea!!! Anyway, so they have been doing construction in the back of this building and until this walk, I've had no idea what they were doing...


It's a GRAVEYARD!!!!!!

I don't know if you can see the yellow paint outline very well but the entire backyard is covered in coffin sized burial plots with iron rods (not like in the scriptures) placed where the headstone is supposed to be. Phil was a little skeptical when I first announced my discovery, but I think I've convinced him now. I'm just glad that Phil and I are moving in August. I'd hate to live next door to this cemetery for building residents.

Random Thought #2: I'm starting to think I'm allergic to mosquitoes! I've had 4 mosquito bites so far this summer and they have all become incredibly inflamed. I HATE squitoes!!!




2 comments:

  1. That's weird. Let's not just assume that it's a graveyard in the back of that apartment building. Maybe they are markers for grow boxes? So the tenants don't have to grow gardens in pots on their little decks.
    Drew just got new glasses too!
    I miss you guys. Hope everything is going well over there. We need to get together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha a graveyard!!??? Creepy and Hilarious!! they shouldn't have it so close to its occupants... that is a little morbid if you ask me... But the glasses... Adorable. so terrible that those insurance peeps tricked ya!! Fun reading your blogs. and your moving? fun adventures ahead!

    ReplyDelete