Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Alphabet Dating--B


BIRTHDAY DATE!!!!

Phil and I are such slackers because we have been unintentionally putting off this B date. I think its because we are so excited for our C date that we haven't thought about planning a B date...plus we have been busy with school and work :(

My birthday was on Saturday August 6 and we saw that as the perfect opportunity to go on a birthday B date! The day before my bday, we went to the Sweet Tooth Fairy to use a Groupon I bought. I bought it for $10 and we got $20 worth of delicious BAKED good (aka cupcakes) and cakeBITES!!!! These treats acted as my birthday cake.


Yes, they tasted just as divine as they look!

My birthday started out with a yummy BREAKFAST of crepes provided by my BEAUTIFUL mother-in-law. Then Phil and I headed to the Highland Fling parade because my drill team was in it. We BORROWED my father-in-law's BOAT to use as our float.


During the parade route, the truck started smoking and suddenly lost all power. The girls unfortunately had to walk the rest of the way. We found out the BELT on the truck BROKE...oh no! I felt bad that the girls had to walk but they had a good attitude about it. My team was so sweet to me on my birthday! They gave me gorgeous roses, a Nordstrom gift card (my favorite), and the sweetest card from all of them. That was such a great start to my day!


After the parade, Phil and I went to my parent's house so they could give me my birthday present. Clearly I was excited from the very beginning when I saw the bag from Jared (I'm in love with jewelry so this had to be good!).

It was a BEAUTIFUL Pandora BRACELET!!!! Phil and my family all chipped in by giving me different BEADS/charms.


After I admired it for a while, Phil stepped away for a minute and brought back another Jared's bag for me. Inside was a box with a really special bead from my sweet husband. It said, "Forever Together" and had our wedding date engraved on it. I don't know what came over me but I started crying right there. It was so sweet. My mom and I spent the next little while looking at different beads in catalogs. I'm definitely starting to create a wish list of beads and charms I want someday. While we did that, my sisters were going kinda camera crazy....

Lets take some time to admire Sabrina's face.... LOVE IT!



Love the hair dad!

Thanks everyone!

Still 4 more things on the birthday agenda...

BOWLING...

a BBQ dinner...



BUILD a fort...

and


play BOHNANZA with Jill and BRANDON!!!

This has turned into a favorite game between the four of us. We have played it everynight for the past 4 nights haha! Its a keeper!

Oh P.S. the fort was sweet. Phil was really excited about doing this. We took the mattress off our bed and made it the center of our fort. We slept inside the fort that night!

Thanks for a great birthday and B date Phil!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Katelyn! I am sorry that I didn't wish you a happy birthday. We were up camping and had no service and I didn't have my iCal to remind me. I'm sorry, I'm a really bad friend.
    Looks like you had fun! Happy Belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun birthday! We LOVE Bohnanza! Also, we bought Strut after we played it that one time..

    ReplyDelete